[geeks] Jackass spammer...

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:59:07 CDT 2007

It could just be an anonymous proxy setup to look like a 'direct'
spam. The wording is similar to many SPAM messages I've seen before,
that mention random crap about random stuff being up for sale/auction/
bid etc. Also often SPAM like that has fabricated names at the top
that are made to look 'proper' and from real people at real
addresses. The name and address could have been skimmed off a mailing
list related to the topic of the e-mail, and the e-mail sent from a
zombie Windows box that's been infected with a robot, lets face it
there are a few of them about. Hell, the e-mail could be a template
using keywords and names/addresses skimmed off a mailing list or forum.

I could just be talking bull too ;o). However if the above is the
case you have little or no hope of back-tracing it, and if you do
you'll probably just end up at some Joe Public's XP machine who's
been playing Counterstrike the whole time and is oblivious.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>