[geeks] Jackass spammer...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 9 19:31:00 CDT 2007

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:13:04 -0400
Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Do any of you guys get email from this spamming creep named Jimmy Ghent?
> >
> > I somehow got on his spam list which he claims is not SPAM (naturally).
> > He always puts a note about how you can remove yourself, but it doesn't
> > work.
> >
> > I've bitched at him, reported him to his providers, the FTC, etc, but it
> > is nearly a year later and the jackass is still doing it.
> >
> > The message below is the one after I sent him a personal message to stop
> > because this unsubscribe method wasn't working.  It is different in
> > content and format from his usual crap, making me think it was on purpose
> > to annoy me.
>
> And you haven't permanently blackholed him and his non-responsive
> provider at the firewall why, exactly....?

I download email from my ISP using POP3 protocol, so I've already gotten SPAM
before I get to the part where I can filter it.

I do filter him, I was just wondering if he was a common annoyance, and maybe
that would be enough evidence to show some private and government agencies
there was reason enough to go after him.

He's about the only direct SPAMMER I ever see any more that doesn't alter his
headers.  He doesn't hide at all, and claims the law is on his side.

His system runs Windows 2003 server and IIS, and appears to be running his
own domain.

I'm mostly just curious because he's different from the other 99.9% of
incoming SPAM.

--
shannon           | The grieving lords take ship.  With these our very souls