[geeks] Personal Finance Software

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 5 20:53:31 CDT 2007

>From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/04/05 Thu PM 08:46:08 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Personal Finance Software

>Lionel Peterson wrote:

<snip>

>> I guess they achieve this multi-platform compatibility by using some alien
>> technology caled, uhm, Java - anyone know anything about that? Last I
heard,
>> it was hard to actually *print* from inside Java, but that was some time
>> ago...
>
>I've been known to write printing code in Java at work.  8-)

When I read about Java in a Wall Street technical magazine, they were
speaking with a sr. VP-type suit about how they were using Java, and he said
it was great, but they were having challenges with printing from within Java
JVM - he further said they would pay real money ot get it fixed. He said he
was "dead serious".

That was about 7 years ago, IIRC... ;^)

Lionel