[geeks] Princeton Surplus Sale (ES40 server update)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 4 13:58:38 CDT 2007

Hello all,

The folks that run the Princeton University Surplus Sale have decided to list
the Compaq (Ugh) ES40 servers on eBay, since similar units recently sold for
<voice="Underpants Gnome">BIG PROFITS</voice>...

They are going to list the units for $500, with local pick-up the only option
(no shipping, don't ask). They offered me the systems for the same money, but
I took a pass. If anyone wants one, I'm willing to act as intermediary for a
few dollars over actual shipping cost (for time/effort).

I was prepared to go up to about $150 for one, but that's because I don't
need one, I just want it to futz with.

I don't think they wil get any takers at $500, and expect that in a few weks
they will be in my price-range (under $200).

In other news, I got a nice HP LJ4000tn, with a second paper tray, but the
JetDirect was pulled out. I'm going to add a new JetDirect (J3113a - 10/100
Ethernet) from eBay and use it as a back-up Printer. Cost was $51.36, tax
included. It prints very nice...

Lionel