[geeks] Interesting: hardware security token for PayPal

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:07:15 CDT 2007

On 4/2/07, Rick Hamell <hamellr at gmail.com> wrote:
> The battery is supposed to last seven years. We had less then 1% failure
> rate on them. They were pretty robust.

Yeah, but it's the worst watch EVER.  It's not even right twice a day!
I've often wished it would display the time so it could be useful more
than 0.07% of the time.  The number at any given time would also
not be visible so it would be a bit harder to crack.   (some models
require you to press a button to see the code, so it could display the
time the rest of the time.)

> The only problem I had with them is
> that you can't assign your pin number. So it was yet another password you
> had to remember. A lot of people ended up writing the pin number down and
> leaving it with the card.

Mine let me choose my PIN, so no problem there.

--
Dan Duncan