[geeks] Why MS's Zune product is very scary

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Sep 30 18:44:15 CDT 2006

Sat, 30 Sep 2006 @ 00:43 -0400, der Mouse said:

> Except the person who would have to click through it doesn't own the
> rights either.
>
> Of course, since this is the USA we're talking about, the law matters
> less than the bankrolls behind the lawyers....

This is a worldwide problem.

There might (often, sometimes) be more profit in behaving like that in
the USA, but you are naive if you think it only happens here.  The main
thing is the huge size of the US market makes it a big legal target.

A lot of the cases over here are also imported from other countries, and
bankrolled at least in part by foreign corporations, particularly those
from England and Japan, but also quite a few from western Europe.

Some of the recent bad news in copyright law has come from EU courts
too, not the USA.

In the long run, all of the primary "allied" nations generally infect
one another as well.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [4649 5920 4320 204e 4452 5420 5348 5920 4820
2056 2054 434d 2048 4d54 2045 204e 5259 4820 444e 0a53]