[geeks] Vista is a job creator...

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 16:35:12 CDT 2006

On 9/17/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Sat, 16 Sep 2006 @ 16:43 -0500, Bill Bradford said:
>
> > On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 12:14:27PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > > Article says a Microsoft-funded IDC study says Vista will create 50K
> > > jobs in Europe.
> >
> > Yeah, gonna need a lot of people to:
> >
> > - Sell companies the new systems they'll need to "take advantage of the
> >  new features of Vista" even if ther current systems work fine
> >
> > - Fix the systems that have problems after installing Vista.
>
> No doubt.
>
> The cost of Vista upgrades will be huge.

I am not sure, but I am under the impression that the "wintel upgrade
cycle" is going to do a record job with Vista. Especially because
there is the need for an extra computer component to be "expensified"
before you can put a "vista ready" logo on a computer.

Where I work, 3 computers (all new laptops) have such a logo, out of
120 or 130 or so PC's. And a good deal of the others fail the system
requirements for Xp :)

--
Frank Van Damme

"All  PCs are compatible. But some of them are more compatible than
others." [Onbekend]