[geeks] HD/IDE question

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Sep 26 18:44:19 CDT 2006

Tue, 26 Sep 2006 @ 11:13 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

How come your email comes across in multi-hundred character lines?

> What about VMWare Player on Linux host - can it run your games
> adequately?

Not by a long shot.  Windows emulation overhead is far too high for the
games I'm playing.

> Why not just divorce yourself from Windows as a platform
> for any "work" that requires "files" (i.e. a pure game machine)?

Because there are still programs Linux doesn't have, and I also happen
to share game files between the two.  In fact, it was game files that
originally showed me the ext2 reader was slow... :)

> If need be, your Windows desktop can access FTP servers on other
> platforms and work reasonably well with them (i.e. access the folders
> via Windows Explorer)...

True, and when I get the $500 or so for a file server, I might do
that...

I've been planning for it for years, but my wallet fails to comply!

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall