[geeks] What do you get paid for wearing a pager?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Sep 25 00:41:21 CDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 09:47:11PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> I have done lots of sysadmin work, but really do not quite understand
> how to price the "wear pager and respond in 15 minutes" work.
> What are *your* experiences or ideas?

One week a month (Thursday to Thursday), I'm on call 24/7 (mostly to
support our outsourced operations due to the time difference).  The other
three weeks, I'm asked (not required) to be available by cell phone in
case of an emergency.

This is all part of my normal salary (almost six figures).

No pager, just a phone (which work pays for).

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas