[geeks] encrypted video cable?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 22 14:21:05 CDT 2006

Fri, 22 Sep 2006 @ 13:39 -0400, Sridhar Ayengar said:

> > The next step is mandating network connectivity.
> >
> > Nothing you have works unless it first phones home to verify you have
> > the "right" to use it.
>
> To which I would react by sniffing the protocol and impersonating the
> rights server.

In other words, break the law to protect your rights.

I already have to do that now, and rather have to continue that way.

Also, are you certain you can break the encryption?

Once most systems are live-updated, they can change encryption algoriths
and standards fairly quickly.

Even if you can break all of their new methods N hours after they put it
out, do you really want to live like that?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]