[geeks] Quick samba name mangling question...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Sep 20 06:58:36 CDT 2006

So now that I seem to have solved the access issues with the system there
is still one issue for me to solve.  The tilde (~) filename problem.

Does the "mangled map" command change all instances of the substituted
characters or only when it's mangling a long filename?

For instance Solidworks creates tempfiles with a tilde (~) at the front of
them when it crashes.  Obviously that confuses Linux when you try and do
anything with that file.  I'd like to change that to something else like #
or something similar that linux won't hork on when you try to manipulate
the file.

Will "mangled map" do this for me?

Mike Hebel
----
"For space is wide and good friends are too few!" - Leslie Fish, "Sam Jones"