[geeks] Vista is a job creator...

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Tue Sep 19 11:29:16 CDT 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> No one said encryption was in the cable itself.
>
> It's the two ends of the cable that do that.
>
> If you don't have the encryption on the two ends, the cable only
> transmits low quality data.

Does it behave somewhat like SCART where you have multiple possible
streams on the same cable and the two ends use whichever signal
they have in common?  (In SCART, svideo vs. composite video and
here I guess the encrypted high quality signal vs. the unencrypted
lower quality signal)

-DanD

# A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education,
# and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.  Man would indeed be in a
# poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward
# after death.  --Albert Einstein