[geeks] Vista is a job creator...

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 10:09:53 CDT 2006

On 9/19/06, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us> wrote:
> " From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> " Big Brother is a persistent son-of-a-bitch... :)
>
> cherchez la monnaie.  this isn't big brother imho, just business greed.

iTunes video, deals with YouTube, etc. are just the next step on the
path of paying each time you use a piece of media, or a "monthly"
recurring charge to drink as much as you want from the firehose of
so-called culture.

They gained the institutional knowledge that this was a viable
business model when they were able to consistently keep subscribers
hooked on things like EverQuest or WoW.  It takes a while to filter
from the "corner case" of gaming to the "mainstream" of other
intellectual property types like movies or music.

Take a look at this chart to get an idea of the overlap in big
conglomerates and how they might want to leverage our consumption into
their business models.  IP is a wonderful commodity for them since it
only truly requires brainpower to manufacture...IP + data distribution
networks is a match made in heaven.

http://www.thenation.com/special/bigten.html

(Sony, Vivendi, Time-Warner, AT&T, GE, and the list goes on...)

=Nadine=