[geeks] Athlon CPU upgrades, mobile OK in desktop?

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Mon Sep 18 18:29:50 CDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
I was thinking of upgrading my AMD64 CPU, and noticed today that the
mobile version of the AMD64 has double the cache of the "normal"
version (1MB versus 512K).

Is there any reason the mobile version will not work in a desktop
motherboard?

Both are socket 754, and the pinouts seem to be the same too.

Anyone tried this before?

It would be nice to get a CPU with more cache.