[geeks] ftp upload renaming

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Sep 18 17:52:45 CDT 2006

Mon, 18 Sep 2006 @ 09:16 -0600, Dan Duncan said:

> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I'll have to think about that.  I really rather the files were never on
> > the server outside the expected format, but this is a possibility.
>
> Make the ftp upload directory writable but not readable and then
> have your cron job rename completed uploads and move them elsewhere.
> Users will never see files with incorrect names.

Right, I know that.

I was wanting to avoid users creating 16-bit filenames.  They are a
bitch to process with some tools.

It's not a big deal, I'm just looking to see what kinds of options I
have.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in