[geeks] Solaris 10 networking is giving me fits

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 16:12:26 CDT 2006

On 9/18/06, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> >From: Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us>
> >Date: 2006/09/18 Mon AM 09:27:00 CDT
> >To: geeks at sunhelp.org
> >Subject: Re: [geeks] Solaris 10 networking is giving me fits
>
> >" From: Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists at vlack.com>
> >"
> >"     6. put router ip address in /etc/defaultrouter
> >
> >just fyi you can also put the router -name- in defaultrouter, if it's
> >also listed in /etc/hosts.
>
> Sent note off-list to Micah directly, but why not just try "sys-unconfig" and establish network settings then?
>
> Forces a reboot, but it will clean out all existing settings...

Because sys-unconfig has a much bigger impact than just the IP changes
(name service, root password, removing various files)...I *never* use
sys-unconfig.  Though I can see where it would have value as a nasty
trick on someone trying to pass themselves off as an experienced
Solaris SA.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/806-0625/6j9vfim1c?a=view

=Nadine=

=Nadine=