[geeks] Samba *headdesk*

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon Sep 18 12:17:52 CDT 2006

Anybody know what I should look for when I have a slow XP/2000 client with
a Linux Samba server?

I had to hurriedly restore all our production data that was on tape to a
RHEL 3 server.  Now all but two of the client system are ok.  The two
systems in question (one XP , one Win2k) take _forever_ almost to
open/browse any data on those boxes.

Anything I should be looking for here?  None of the things I've tried on
Google seem to work. (Disable oplocks, setting name resolution order in
smb.conf, etc.)

I'm either missing something simple or it's something insanely subtle.

Any ideas?

Mike Hebel
----
"For space is wide and good friends are too few!" - Leslie Fish, "Sam Jones"