[geeks] Firefox revisisted

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 15 19:49:12 CDT 2006

I earlier had said that changes to cache settings in Firefox curbed
short-term memory consumption, but after a few more days of testing,
that's not correct.

In fact, it seems to have little effect at all.  Perhaps a bit, but
certainly not enough.

I hit about 6 sites just now, and in 30 minutes Firefox hit 173MB.

I *did* upgrade to version 1.5.0.7, but according to the changelog this
version is supposed to have fixed memory leaks rather than add them.

It might still be worthwhile to hold back disk and ram cache settings.

Just curious: anyone else try playing with these settings?  See any
interesting results good or bad?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]