[geeks] ftp upload renaming

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Sep 15 11:31:37 CDT 2006

Fri, 15 Sep 2006 @ 08:41 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> >Client does not want to increase the file limit on Apache.
> >
> >Originally I was doing to use a browser upload but that's off.
> >
> >I could not find anything in my Apache books that let you set file
> >upload limits on a per path basis, which the client might accept.
>
> Just asking, but what about running a second server on a different
> port with an increased upload limit for internal users?

No, just one machine.

It would be wasteful to run a whole new machine just for uploading these
documents.

It might be nice if there were an Apache modules that let you remove the
limit for a specific upload path.

The other issue is user interface quality.

The users how to use Mac and Windows SCP and FTP GUIs, so that's a nice
thing to stick with.

Personally, I think browser uploads suck mightily.  You can only do one
file at a time, the interface for browsing files sucks compared to
dedicated programs, and I've found it frequently unreliable.

It would just be nice to avoid it if possible.

Maybe it will have to suffice, but for now I'm looking for alternatives.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty