[geeks] ftp upload renaming

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Sep 14 23:23:52 CDT 2006

Thu, 14 Sep 2006 @ 22:46 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo said:

> I think FTP is the wrong answer. Instead use HTTP/HTTPS and configure
> the server to have a large maxinput (or whatever the config file
> setting is) parameter.

Client does not want to increase the file limit on Apache.

Originally I was doing to use a browser upload but that's off.

I could not find anything in my Apache books that let you set file
upload limits on a per path basis, which the client might accept.

> > 	- the client needs to be able to run on MacOS X and Windows
>
> Make sure it works in Safari, IE, FireFox.
>
> > 	- the limits on file sizes needs to be very high since the documents
> > 	  can be large
> >

> Remember that FTP is not firewall-friendly.  You may have users at the
> end of Internet connections run by people who are not clueful.

It's all internal users, or users's granted specific access through
VPNs.

Firewalling isn't a problem.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]