[geeks] Samsung 204B flat panel

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Sep 11 10:02:50 CDT 2006

" From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
"
" Mon, 11 Sep 2006 @ 08:21 -0400, Mike F said:
"
" Sony's own displays are not as good as they used to be.  For example,
" the year I got my 400PS was the last where they had VGA and also
" per-channel inputs, and their famous heavy chassis.
"
" About two years later I got some Sony monitors for other people and
" clients, and they were notably lighter and cheaper inside.

true for sony tvs too.  the way i hear it, japanese labor got too
expensive for sony to competitively continue domestic production, so
they've offshored manufacture.  i have it from a friend in the repair
biz that early-mid '90s are the best years for tv quality.

i expect crt monitors would lag some but eventually succumb to the
same pressures.