[geeks] Oracle's "Application Express" (aka HTMLDB) worth learning?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sat Sep 9 15:04:39 CDT 2006

I have a customer now who is using Oracle.

Though I think Oracle is large and unwieldy, I have to say that the
full text indexing portion is pretty neat and probably quite useful.

Oracle has a free version of Oracle 10g2 called "XE", and also bundles
their browser-based build-a-web-app tool with it.

Anyone have experience with this stuff?  Is it worth learning or should
I stick to straight SQL / sqlplus / emacs ?

Cordially
Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net