[geeks] Swapping hard drives in a G4

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Sep 6 09:54:31 CDT 2006

Wed, 06 Sep 2006 @ 06:32 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> >Of course I need a firewire cable and since the nearest Frys is 18 hours
> >away that will simply have to wait until tomorrow night.
>
> Don't forget, these are almost common place - I've seen them in many
> mainstream retailers, including WalMart, Big Lots, and other similar
> retailers...

Not only that, but maybe cheaper than the computer stores too.

Example: CompUSA USB cable $25.  Same cable from local *grocery* store
$7.  Target was $9.50 and Wall-Mart was $15.

No, I'm not kidding.  The price differences are annoying, though I guess
it is better than them all being uniformly high.

What is up with CompostUSA and their cable prices anyway?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.