[geeks] Swapping hard drives in a G4

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Tue Sep 5 19:45:23 CDT 2006

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2006, at 7:16 PM, Brian Dunbar wrote:
>
>>The LCD backlight on the first has crapped out.  Is it possible to
>>simply plug the hard drive from the one with a broken LCD to the
>>healthy
>> laptop with a minimum of fuss and bother from the operating system?
>>

> Can you not use firewire target disk mode?
>
> --Patrick

Sure - but I'm still copying files and setting up house on a new drive,
unless I'm missing something.

I'm impatient.  I want to plug in the old drive and (bam) be ready to
rock and or roll.

Okay I'm really not - but in a few weeks I'll have a new laptop and I'll
have to do this all over again.  I'm trying to avoid repitition.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks