[geeks] Swapping hard drives in a G4

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Tue Sep 5 18:16:40 CDT 2006

I've got two G4 Powerbooks.  They do not have the sam RAM or processor
speed.  OS on the first is 10.4.6

The LCD backlight on the first has crapped out.  Is it possible to
simply plug the hard drive from the one with a broken LCD to the healthy
 laptop with a minimum of fuss and bother from the operating system?

And yes I could simply move everything from one to the other.  But.

I'm due for an new Mac from work Real Soon Now.  The less fuss and
bother I have to get up and running for a few weeks the better.  The
thing works it's just not very usable as a laptop and the lack of the
LCD for a second screen on my desk is driving me bats.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks