[geeks] Windows XP, and activation

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 31 21:32:59 CST 2006

Tue, 31 Oct 2006 @ 15:55 -0800, Geoff Reed said:

> Unfortunately many of the hacks out there to bypass activation also break
> the upgrade mechanism for installing patches and service packs :(

I generally upgrade Win2k using the corporate install files, since you
can download them without babysitting.

I *hate* being forced to do live updates, on *ANY* OS.

It's nice if you have the time to babysit downloads, but otherwise I
rather batch updates and apply them from local sources.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty