[geeks] encrypted video cable?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 30 12:49:28 CST 2006

Mon, 30 Oct 2006 @ 11:53 -0600, Bill Bradford said:

> On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 11:41:30AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > If you run Adobe Reader, the first thing you should do is modify your
> > installation so it cannot communicate. There is no reason for a PDF to
> > talk to the net anyway.
> > There are third party hacks to take care of this.
>
> Either that, or just use the much-improved much-faster much-lighter Foxit
> Reader:
>
> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
>
> It's only 1.5 meg.  The *installer* for Adobe Acrobat Reader is many times
> that...

Seems to be Windows only.

If it does a good job, that would at least be good for my games machine.

One reason I use Adobe Reader on Linux is because I still have trouble
using other readers on some files.

Also the last Reader finally fixed the memory leaks, and runs fairly
well.

I just run the patch to remove the "phone home" code and I'm set.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The grieving lords take ship.  With these
our very souls pass overseas." -- Exile]