[geeks] [kernel at kolivas.org: Re: [ck] lrzip announce]

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 30 10:50:37 CST 2006

Thought you guys might find Con Kolivas' new compression program
interesting.  It's based on three other compression projects, and seems
promising.

----- Forwarded message from Con Kolivas <kernel at kolivas.org> -----

From: Con Kolivas <kernel at kolivas.org>
To: ck at vds.kolivas.org
Subject: Re: [ck] lrzip announce
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:32:21 +1100

On Monday 30 October 2006 02:29, Con Kolivas wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've been playing with a side project blending compression algorithms for
> large file compression into a new file format based on the rzip, lzma and
> lzo code. Check out the readme and download the current release here:

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/lrzip/

Ok I've released a new version (0.12). It has a few more options, a man pages
and much more information in the README.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]