[geeks] electric cars

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Oct 25 16:50:02 CDT 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:50:11 -0500 (CDT)
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:

> >From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> >Date: 2006/10/24 Tue AM 10:14:11 CDT
> >To: geeks at sunhelp.org
> >Subject: Re: [geeks] electric cars
>
> >On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:24:03 -0500
> >Phil Brutsche <phil at tux.obix.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >Right, and you have things like Volkswagen tying their moonroof
> >up in a package that includes a navigation system.  Huh?
>
> They really should bundle a sextant with the moon roof, and you could
> navigate by the stars ;^)
>
> What about their latest tie-in, a guitar!?

You used to be able to custom order a VW or Honda to get around the
stupid configurations.

For the VW, this has the added advantage of getting you a German-made
unit because their plant in S.A. didn't do custom work.

I'd definitely want something besides the standard packages if I got
either a Honda or a VW.

The VW in particular adds too much cruft just to get simple things, and
some of it also adds a lot of weight.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Don't you see that the whole aim of
Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make