[geeks] RANT (ftp)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 24 10:50:44 CDT 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:15:21 -0400
Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2006, at 11:05 AM, kevin marshall wrote:
>
> > What the hell happened to FTP? Half the corporate FTP sites
> > (Apple being the latest) i go to these days no longer have files,
> > but instead have a text file that says to get the sh*t from some
> > damn web page. What the hell was wrong with FTP?
>
> Getting FTP to work properly through firewalls is a black art.

I don't know... I smell another agenda at work.

There are an awful lot of non-corporate firewalled ftp sites that seem
to run really well.

The likes of Apple can't make that work?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains
are scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald