[geeks] electric cars

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Tue Oct 24 09:27:17 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 01:48:58PM +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 06:34:11AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> Fair enough - the trailer looks like a Michael Moore trailer,
>> that was all I was really commenting on. If this film were to be
>> in a theater near me I'd probably go see it, but I would have my
>> BS-deflector shields on "High".
>
> Do people actually go to theaters to see movies these days? My friends
> who do go complain that the people talk, answer their phone, refuse to
> shut up when asked politely, the ushers do nothing, and the surround
> sound is so loud, that not only can you hear it but you can her the
> other theaters on each side.

I'd say it depends on which theater you go to and when.  If I go Friday
or Saturday night, yeah, it sucks.  If I go just about any other time,
it's all good.  Some theaters are better than others, my favorite set
here in Austin is the Alamo Drafthouse.  They don't allow children at
all and serve real food and drinks during the movie.  They do have a
'mommy and baby' time slot some time during the week where you can bring
your babies to the movie, but the rest of the time, it's pretty much
adults only.  And at $8/ticket, it's not even a premium rate.  Crowds
there tend to be better than the mall theater crowds.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org