[geeks] electric cars

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Mon Oct 23 21:24:03 CDT 2006

Dan Duncan wrote:
> Diesels are hard to find in the US

They're about to get a whole lot easier to find...

> and even manual trannies are getting as rare as hen's teeth.

Blame that on the US auto customers.  The vast (and I do mean VAST)
majority prefer automatics.

Honestly, people like you are in the minority.

> The vehicles that offer 4wd (or AWD) and a manual tranny rarely offer
> them TOGETHER.  I ended up paying quite a bit more to get the combo.

Depending on the make/model you won't find a stick PERIOD.

Stick shift Jeeps are pretty common ;) You could custom-order a vehicle
to your liking, but otherwise the vehicles on dealer lots tend to appeal
to the greatest number of people.

The largest Jeep with a stick is the Liberty, so if a GC or Commander
(or the equivalent from someone else) is your thing I'm afraid you're
out of luck.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com