[geeks] electric cars

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 23 20:11:12 CDT 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:19:57 -0500
Phil Brutsche <phil at tux.obix.com> wrote:

> Separate of all the geopolitical BS that excludes some of the biggest
> polluters on the planet, the Kyoto Protocol puts an undue emphasis on
> carbon dioxide and doesn't do much to combat the plethora of other
> pollutants most operations that burn fossil-fuels emit.
>
> Oxides of nitrogen, oxides of sulfur, soot, ash, etc.

It also doesn't cover much about consumables like packaging, batteries,
and other pollution that isn't common to what people perceive as
pollution.

It also didn't really address social issues, like how incredibly
wasteful people are and how much pollution we generate by getting
things we have no need for, being lazy, etc, and how much the new
economies are going to want to follow the same bad examples already set.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if