[geeks] electric cars

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Oct 23 11:17:48 CDT 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:46:26 -0500 (CDT)
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Sorry for replying to my own posting, but here is what 250,000 square
> miles looks like:
>
> Ohio - 40,000 square miles
> Florida - 54,000 square miles
> California - 155,000 square miles

Yep, which is why it is too much land area.

We throw away a lot alcohol every year in un-recycled agricultural
waste.  A good part of that could be used and reduce the need for
"planting fuel".

There is also a lot of waste fuel in other industries.

It's also true that we might come up with other sources, recently
created, that would work well.

It's easier to distribute as few kinds of fuel as possible of course
for automobiles.

I really don't want to leave town in my hydrogen car and have to hope I
can make it past the alcohol, diesel, light gas, and other alternative
stations, since I doubt any one chain would carry one of everything.

> That adds up to just about 250,000 square miles, and would have
> "interesting" impact to the american political system when the
> residents of those states migrate to new locations within the
> country...

How big is Washington DC again?  With all the fat there, it should be a
good source of oil...

It would be a lot easier if we could just burn water.  Maybe.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth
low--And even the English, perchance their hour will come!"]