[geeks] USB HDTV/ATSC tuners - thanks for the suggestions

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Oct 21 21:52:45 CDT 2006

Picked up the Hauppage HVR-950 (it IDs as a 980 in a USB probe) from
CompUSA today.

On the Mac, EyeTV 2 from ElGato directly supports it (and thinks its an EyeTV
Hybrid, as the hardware is the same).  Unfortunately, since I didn't
actually buy an EyeTV Hybrid, I don't have an install key for EyeTV 2.
Otherwise, I'd see how it works on the Mac.

The WinTV 2000 software that Hauppage puts out *sucks*.  SageTV and
BeyondTV support the unit just fine once the base drivers are installed.

Works okay on the PC under XP SP2 so far, but I need a better antenna.
The included one is about 5" tall and is tiny.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas