[geeks] electric cars

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Oct 20 23:29:09 CDT 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 10:31 PM, der Mouse wrote:

>>> Perhaps someone will engineer bacteria to live off assorted trash
>>> (eg the stuff they've been making biodiesel from) and give off
>>> hydrogen.  If it can be done with enough efficiency, it could make
>>> hydrogen a viable automative fuel from an energy perspective.
>> You mean like how we now capture methane from landfills?
>
> Someone does that and uses the methane as an energy source?  Then yes,
> like that, but with bacteria designed to produce methane, or hydrogen,
> or whatever, rather than the random opportunistic cultures we have now.

That would be Biomethane and there are a number of farms all across the
country that do that.

Oooh!  Good Sigmonster!

Mike Hebel
----
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in
return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is
alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really
believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth." b Alphonse Elric