[geeks] electric cars

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Fri Oct 20 17:36:39 CDT 2006

Dan Duncan wrote:
> Running diesel cars on used french fry oil is fine when it's a few people
> doing it, but there's only so much french fry oil.

It can be a bad idea in more way than one:

* if enough people do it the g-man says "where's my tax money?". I think
some folks in the UK have gone through that...
* french-fry oil might be OK in indirect injection or mechanical
injection (or electronically-controlled mechanical injection) setups but
it wreaks havoc on modern stuff with a common-rail fuel system. There
are some things you just shouldn't pressurize to 22,000+ PSI

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com