[geeks] Q: (Emulex) GIGANET cLAN1000 adapters & other

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 20 06:41:43 CDT 2006

The three servers I got this week each have the above networking card installed, and I have no idea about them - does anyone on the list?

Also, I found the Intel specification for the server chassis - they are great cases, but were made for non-ATX format motherboards (though the PS is ATX). They have 6x SCSI hotswap, 1+1 redundant PS (350 watts each), and are pretty quiet. I tested the complete system with a "freesco" floppy, and made (arguably) the world's most over-spec'd router with dual Xeon processors and 1 Gig of RAM ;^)

I'm gonna add a CD-ROM and HD and try out some of that Xeon "SMNP BABY!" goodness with Solaris 10 x86.

BTW, anyone have PC133 ECC Registered RAM available? These boxes can take up to 4 1 Gig DIMMs each, and I've only got one "set" of 4 256 Meg DIMMs... eBay is an option, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Lionel