[geeks] Solar Panelsresidence - anyone?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Oct 19 10:52:09 CDT 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Well, you'd need a roof *under* the photo cells (though I hear there is a company in Michigan that has developed roof tiles that take the place of shingles - Jeff Daniels (dumb and dumber co-star) does a radio ad for Michigan business that refers to the company, but I can't remmeber the name)...

I saw those on TV.  Those would only be useful if your roof faced the correct
direction at an appropriate angle to get anything useful out of them.  Fine for
a new house, but troublesome for a replacement roof.  Standard practice with
mounted solar panels is to use offsets of different lengths to angle them for
maximum efficiency.

-DanD

# The thinking that we are has brought us to where we have already been.
# In order to go somewhere else, we must think in a different way. -Einstein