[geeks] Oldest OS Still Developed

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Wed Oct 18 15:43:42 CDT 2006

> The next version of DOS/VSE will require a 64-bit machine,
> which will end-of-life support for 31-bit systems that are
> still running.
>
> IBM must hold the record for how long they'll support a system.

If I spent millions on a system, 1 million or more on yearly support,
and millions on software and custom software development and built all
my business practices around all this, I'd be really pissed if IBM
dropped anything until it was old, rusty and wrung out.

 -James

If you see the tree as you hit it, it's called understeer, if you only
hear the tree as you hit it, it's called oversteer.