[geeks] bridging networks with wireless

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 08:51:41 CDT 2006

On 10/17/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> I can't wait to get rid of the stupid wireless card in my PC.
>
> Do all wireless cards universally suck or what?

I also have a Hawking pci 802.11g card in my Wintendo box, and it
works fine.  Of course, I used Hawking's utilities to manage it's
connection to our wireless network, since 'doze is utterly stupid
about SID's not being broadcast.  It "just works" under Windows with
the manufacturer's utilities.

I can't say if it has any open source OS drivers though. If not, I'll
just plug the box into the bridge when I rebuild the OS on it.  I am
still struggling to identify what is wrong with the Seagate boot disk,
but I have successfully moved all the data on the RAID to ext3 using a
live CD.  And, I learned yet another lesson about 'doze in the
process--NTFS partitions have to have the bootable flag set, even if
they are not boot partitions, otherwise they are not recognized as
mountable.  Definitely not what you call intuitive.

=Nadine=