[geeks] Cheap refurb SCSI drives?

John Francini francini at mac.com
Wed Oct 18 00:01:36 CDT 2006

As another poster wrote, no, the drives advertised are Atlas IVs,
which are Quantum designs derived directly from DEC designs.

They work. Well.

One of the biggest disservices the Atlas line ever suffered was the
fact that when Maxtor bought Quantum they didn't put the high-end
SCSI stuff under a different brand name.

Most IT people, quite deservedly, consider that "Maxtor = junk".

Which means that they're probably having (and will contine to have) a
tough time in the enterprise storage market.

John Francini