[geeks] this is where the mac should be

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Oct 17 12:35:33 CDT 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

>> What a godawful way to run a business.  I wonder if Dell even knows
>> which machines got which parts, in the event of a recall?
>
> Dell doesn't know; they mass-email all their customers and ask them to
> check serial numbers on specific components.  At least, that's what
> happened with the battery recall.

I should also add that they handled the PowerEdge 1650 power supply
recall at $job[-1] similarly.  We only found out about it when we saw
smoke pouring out of the back of a rack.  Dell's response was "should've
checked those serial numbers."

They really are the McDonald's of information technology.

--
Jonathan Patschke   "The ruler demands gifts, the judge accepts bribes,
Elgin, TX            the powerful dictate what they desire--they all con-