[geeks] Blackberry 7100t questions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 17 12:07:31 CDT 2006

>From: Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net>
>Date: 2006/10/13 Fri PM 12:20:21 CDT
>To: geeks at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [geeks] Blackberry 7100t questions

>I've beaten my current cellphone (SonyEricsson P800) nearly to death after 3 years
>(It still works perfectly but I've broken my last stylus and I'm due for another
>battery again) and I'm thinking about changing.  I have the opportunity to
>get a Blackberry 7100t cheaply and my GSM SIM card should just move right over.

I just switched to a Motorola Q phone on the hope/assumption that the ability to load PocketPC applications on it would enable me to remotely access my home machines if/when needed, and the high-speed internet Verizon supplies it much faster than my old Sidekick ][. Didn't try the Sidekick III, but the bluetooth and high-speed internet, along with better coverage (I'm in NJ, Verizon has GREAT coverage here) sold me on it.

I got it for $149 (no rebate) + 12 month commitment at Amazon.com.

I thought about the Crackberry, but decided I didn't understand their email model, which seemed to rely on a dedicated PC to see personal email on Crackberry...

So far the Q is nice, but I haven't really switched over (my T-Mobile contract expires this week, and I'm waiting for my old phone number to switch over...

Lionel