[geeks] UPS batteries

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Mon Oct 16 02:43:16 CDT 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> The LEDs are numbered 1-16, starting at the upper left and going down in
> rows, and then 16 at the bottom:
>
>       1        6        11
>       2        7        12
>       3        8        13
>       4        9        14
>       5        10        15
>                16
>
> If number five is what you mean (under the "mains" icon), then blinking
> green means you have a site wiring fault.  For example, your A/C wiring
> has positive and negative backwards, or you have improper grounding.

Hmm, that's definitely not the one I have - Mine has two rows of 5 LEDs each, one representing the load bargraph, the other being status lights. Mains plugs are reversable over here (forgot to mention - I'm in Germany).

> I meant to add, no it is not normal for the fan to keep running, unless
> the batteries were really wiped out and it is just taking awhile.
> *OR* you have an undervoltage condition and the transformer section is
> having to boost constantly.

Would it do that even if it is in standby and no voltage is present at the outputs?

Jeff Cole <jeff at flambe.org> wrote:
> This looks to be what you're looking for
>
> http://multi.gnt.lt/pages/brochures/Compaq/204155-B31.pdf

Yep, that's the one - case and front panel design match mine.

Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> I mean a T2000 or T1000.  It's unfortunate that they used similar model
> names for later UPS.

Truely unfortunate to thouroughly sick. So I have, what, a T1000 XR INTL? Sorry for the confusion, which I also fell victim to. I'd still be interested in a more comprehensive manual, which was reportedly distributed on the "Power Products Documentation CD" only - or information from experienced users - in order to confirm the device is behaving correctly.

Thanks already,

--
Arno Kletzander
Stud. Hilfskraft Informatik Sammlung Erlangen