[geeks] UK geeks with DVRs?

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Thu Oct 12 16:49:48 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 02:30:20PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 06:25:26PM +0200, William Staniewicz wrote:
> > I have S01E01 already via a torrent. May be looking for E02 soon though since I
> > am alone here at the apartment and catching up on media I usually don't
> > have a chance to watch.
>
> E02 will probably hit the mainstream torrent sites in a few days - it
> just was broadcast this past Tuesday.  I had a UK friend get it for me.

Usenet (not your ISPs news server, but something like Easynews) rocks
for stuff like this too. Most stuff hits there hours after it airs. I
really like Easynews' par viewer. Find one par, click on it, and see the
status of all parts and pars.

$10/mo for 20 gigs or 30 days. Any unused bandwidth gets rolled into the
next month. Download via http or nntp.

--
It's not working because:  /pub/lunch