[geeks] Perle Terminal Server - what's the magic incantaion for Break?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 08:53:38 CDT 2006

On 10/10/06, brian.dunbar at liftport.com <brian.dunbar at liftport.com> wrote:
> Ctrl - Break causes the console to reset and displays the console login
> prompt.  It doesn't drop me to the OK prompt.
>
> I'm wondering if the old administrator monkeyed around with the term
> server so it would NOT throw a break?

Post the LOM suggestion, if it's still not working...

You should also check the system will even accept a break.  Turning
that off (temporarily), or alternately, setting the "alternate" break
sequence (see the SunHelp FAQ) is a good way to protect servers from
going to "OK" if you need to do maintenance on your terminal server
and you're not sure it's break safe.  The previous sys admin may have
done this and not documented it.

=Nadine=