[geeks] UK geeks with DVRs?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Oct 12 01:58:37 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 12:47:56AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
I wrote the original comments:

> > Red Dwarf was tried twice and failed to get beyond the pilot stage. Too
> > bad, one of the had Terry Farrell (later DS9's Jadzia Dax), as "the Cat".
>
> I wonder if anyone has a video on the net somewhere...

I've heard of it, but have never seen it for download. I'm sure it's there.

> > Fox tried to revive Dr Who in the mid 1990's but made a fatal mistake.
> > Since the Doctor had to be British, they used a competent, but not
> > great actor. The Master (his enemy) was played by Eric Roberts (IMHO
> > a better actor than his sister) who made the Doctor look like an amateur.
>
> Is that the same Dr. Who that just recently started running on the
> Sci-Fi channel in the US?

Sort of. new Doctor, (twice), new companion, new Tardis, new writers,
same basic idea, same old enemies. IMHO much better than most of the
older shows.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838