[geeks] UK geeks with DVRs?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Oct 11 14:47:59 CDT 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:24:54 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Were any of them funny?

Well different strokes for different folks (as I believe the saying
goes), but ...

> I lump the UK and US versions of most such shows in pretty low
> categories, somewhere below digging lint out of my pockets.

Yes, if it wasn't for News 24 and the occasional film (not so occasional
now I get Film4) I'd probably resort to running a screen saver on the
screen in the corner. Ok, there's an occasional programme I tune into
... perhaps 1 or 2 a week.

Of course we're a pretty weird collection of people here ... we're
almost certainly brighter than the average TV viewer (look at how
popular "reality TV" is), and have other more interesting things to do.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 "I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's