[geeks] Cheap refurb SCSI drives?

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:41:25 CDT 2006

> Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>> Indeed.  :)  If they honor the price, I have 15 drives on the way and
>>> I'll figure out what to do with them all later.  If they don't, well ...
>>>  then I'll just cancel the order.
>>
>> Same here.  Except I ordered 26.  8-)
>
> I guess it was an error.  All the big U320 $1.25 drives just went *POOF*.
>
> Oh well ...

They still have 146gb left at the same price. I just picked up ten of them.
Now, to find a 68 pin controller that will fit into my first-gen G5
PowerMac.

I've got a Mylex Raid controller that sits in an external box and controls
the drives, so if I don't find a controller, maybe I'll make a standalone
NAS server of some sort.

Rick Hamell